Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Jingles

Christmas Jingles
“…yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God, my savior.”
Habakkuk 3:18

As you read my blog, I need you to hum my personal version of ‘have a holly jolly Christmas’. If you would like, I can personally serenade you as you read this blog.
On to the message of the season…Christmas songs are everywhere- on the radio, in the grocery store, in the elevator, even in commercials!
It is easy to take their message for granted or even get tired of hearing another version (my version) of ‘Joy to the World’.
But, we cannot even BEGIN to comprehend the music of the first Christmas and the excitement that went with it. It began with a chorus of angels singing to a few shepherds on the hillside, “Glory to God in the highest!” Luke 2:14. After hearing the good news, the shepherds were so ecstatic that they ran! “They ran to the village and found their way to Mary and Joseph…They told every what had happened and what the angel has said to them about this child.” Luke 2:16-17
They were excited beyond containment! Is our joy uncontainable? Let us pray to be overflowing with joy so we can carol it to the world!
And always, I AM TAKING REQUESTS!!!!

Family Activity: Call a family member or friend who lives far away or is alone, and sing a Christmas carol to him or her just as the angels did for the shepherd and I unselfishly do for you each day!!!

No comments: