Monday, December 10, 2007

The Perfect Gift

The Perfect Gift
“Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!”
2 Corinthians 9:15

Everyone knows how much I love the holidays. The holiday season is one of my favorite times of year. It combines my two loves, my family and shopping. I love the sights, sounds, love, and energy that is alive at the holiday season. I enjoy spending time with my family near by and those that come from out of town. It is a time of year that reminds me that God has given us so much!
Amidst all the gifts of the season, we must remember that God sent his Son, Jesus, to be born as a human baby on the very first Christmas as the greatest gift of all. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall perish but have eternal life.” God loves us and gave us a gift that cannot be matched the perfect gift, a Savior. This is a wonderful season for sharing the reason we celebrate.
As much as I love to shop, I remind myself that the love and giving of the holiday season is what is important.

Activity: this time of year presents great opportunities for us to us to tell people the reason this is the most wonderful time of year. Invite friends, neighbors, or family over for coffee and desert. Take the time to share and remind each other of the things that we are thankful for this holiday season. Even if is as simple as just sharing a cup of coffee and conversation with someone that you are grateful to have in your life.

No comments: